Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is finally the day, Thanksgiving!  It's one of my favorite holidays because A) I love food, B) I love getting together with my family and C) I love watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (like I currently am).  This year it's a big deal for me because I'm cooking half the meal myself.  My aunt is making the turkey, stuffing, and dessert while I'm cooking the appetizers and sides.  I'm really excited, it feels like my first 'adult' Thanksgiving.

But my favorite part of Thanksgiving is taking the time to think about what we are thankful for in our lives.  And this year I have a lot to be thankful for.  In the wake of Hurricane Sandy I am thankful that my home is safe, as well as my friends and family.  I am thankful for the traveling I have been able to do over the past couple of years; it's a dream come true.  I am thankful for my home, my health, having food in the fridge, and having the opportunity to work in the field that I have always dreamed of.  But most of all I am thankful for my loved ones near and far.  I am lucky to have such wonderful people in my life who consistently love and support me in all that I do.  Thank you all for being part of my life.  I am finally in a place where I know everything is going in the right direction.  I am truly happy and it's due in large part to the wonderful people I have surrounding me.

So Happy Thanksgiving everyone; I hope you have a day of great food, great family, and great friends.  And remember to count your blessings everyday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment